Monday, April 1, 2013

My Five Beauty and Health Essentials


1. Transcendental meditation



















Meditation is one of the best kept beauty secrets out there. No matter how much makeup or extras we use to cover ourselves up whats inside will shine through. If our insides aren't in harmony the way we look and feel will be toxic. Transcendental meditation is a natural and effortless way for the mind and body to settle down and release the stresses of everyday life. This creates natural balance and most importantly deep rest in the body. When I meditate regularly I notice my skin shines, my energy levels are higher and my overall health is better.
http://www.tm-women.org/what-is-tm/

2. Rose Water Spray

Rose water spray is one of those beauty secrets I will pass down to my daughters eventually. I have been using this for as long as I can remember every day. I use it in place as a toner because it is lighter as well as a lot more inexpensive. It refreshes the skin first thing in the morning but can also be used throughout the day as a little pick me up when your skin is feeling dull and lifeless. It is extremely effective for sensitive skin because roses are a natural cooling agent and ease redness. In the summer i put mine in the refrigerator for an even colder spray. This is also not just for women, my boyfriends have been known to sneak a spray or two! this one is my particular favorite because it uses organic roses.
http://www.mapi.com/maharishi_ayurveda/products/ayurveda_herbal_remedies/rosewater.html
3. Coconut oil

 In my life coconut oil is an all  purpose product that I definitely could not live without. Each month I find something new that it can be used for. The main thing I have always used coconut oil for is a natural makeup remover however. It doesn't sting the eyes like so many alcohol based makeup removers out there. It instantly removes and cuts through any and all eye and skin products. I also use it as a skin moisturizer to stimulate the skin before I take a shower. this is also known as the ayurvedic  practice of abyhanga.  http://mapi.com/ayurveda_health_care/newsletters/ayurvedic_abyanga.html. Coconut oil can also be used as an over night hair mask to help split ends as well as topical use for cuts and bruises. I use it to heal my tattoos and it works great. Mae West claimed that coconut oil was her secret to youthful skin applying it to her face every night before she went to sleep.  It is also one of the top super foods and has overwhelming health benefits because of its natural fatty acids. These fatty acids help support brain function as well as an increase in metabolism. It can be used in cooking or any kind of food preparation in substitution of butter, oils or other dairy products. To make sure I get at least some coconut oil each day, I have started putting a tbsp in my tea. Whatever it is used for, coconut oil is a must have staple in everyone woman's beauty routine.

4. Reviva Vitamin E stick


This is a product that was introduced to me by my best friend years ago. It is an award wining product and one that I couldn't do without. Made with beeswax and soy, and vitamin E, this stick is used as an under eye and lip moisturizer. It is also SPF 15 and is great to use in the summer and winter. It works to naturally de puff the eyes and is great to use first thing in the morning. I also use this on the airplane to keep my skin fresh and my eyes alert. Another inexpensive product with amazing results.  This is always in my purse at all times!
http://www.revivalabs.com/newstore/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=18

5. Water



Water is probably the single beauty secret that I live by. When I was about 14 years old (I am 26 now) I had very red and sensitive skin on my face. My mom had brought me to a skin consultation with a natural and organic skin care expert visiting Iowa. On first seeing me she told me I looked like her italian niece and then went on to say that the simplest solution for my skin was water, water, water! She said I had a lot of heat trapped in my body and that water would allow it to naturally purify and clean. This was the best beauty advice I have had to date. The simplest act of drinking a couple of fresh filtered liters of water a day made my face look like i had an instant face lift. The redness went down almost immediately along with many other health benefits. Almost any sickness I have i can cure with drinking more water. "If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water."-Loran Eisely, The immense Jorney


No comments:

Post a Comment