Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Wonders of White Tea

I am constantly trying to make a habit out of eating a diet that supports my immune system and makes me feel and look my best. I am lucky because I am one of those people that has a taste for healthy foods such as leafy greens and healthy oils. I truly believe this is due to my mom feeding my sister and I the macrobiotic diet when we were little. We became trained to enjoy these kinds of foods while many of our friends were eating junk food. As healthy as we ate growing up, we have also always been a self proclaimed coffee family. Everyone has their vice and for my mom, sister and I we love our coffee and that might never change. That is our special time, drinking a cup of coffee and discussing whatever is going on in our lives. I have tried to turn over to drinking tea but never had a taste for it and it was no replacement for my morning cup of joe. I honestly used to make fun of my friends that drank tea and thought it was comical. Green tea was something I forced myself to drink over the years because of its array of health benefits but I couldn't deny that the taste of it made me pretty nauseous. I was determined to find a tea that I liked however,  wanting to cash in on all of those health benefits that the world seemed to be raving about.
I read an article a while back on the Chinese anti aging secrets. I realized that most Chinese women have beautiful and flawless skin and I was intrigued. Their number one tool for getting their stunning complexions is the consumption of white tea each day. This white tea is known to protect the skin against free radicals and therefore drastically slows the aging process. It is nature's botox, protecting the skin's elastin and collagen, the two compounds that keep skin young and supple. When I tentatively tried this tea, I was amazed at its subtle flavor and comforting effect it had on me. Unlike the harsh and bitter taste of green tea, white tea was soft and fragrant. The reason for this being that white tea is the least processed of all the teas and the most pure in its form. Black tea is fermented and green tea is steamed and then gently rolled and left with slightly processed leaves. This gives a heavier and more aggressive taste that I was often off put from. White tea on the other hand doesn't use leaves at all but is rather made from the barely opened fuzzy tea buds and then steamed. It gets its name from the very fine white-silvery hair that grows on the tea buds. Because the white tea is barely processed, it contains many more antioxidants and healthy enzymes than any other kind of tea. White tea is also shown to fight disease and bacteria, lower high blood pressure, and reduces cholesterol.
One of the most amazing things about white tea is that it can reverse damage of the body such as sun damage and skin discoloration.  It can even fight against cancer and other aggressive diseases. This super tea improves wrinkles, sun spots, skin dullness, and works as a natural detoxifier. The tea bags can even be used on the eyes to reduce dark circles and depuff and brighten the skin. White tea is equally a beautifier as it is a natural broom for the system, cleaning the toxins out by repairing the liver and kidneys. White tea also contains theanine, an amino acid that calms the nerves and helps ease the stress buildup in the body. It is also a great remedy for women that suffer from difficult periods as it is a natural blood thinner and helps in circulation. The theanine as well helps to ease PMS and reduce cramps. There are many varieties of white tea to choose from but silver needle white tea is the purest and most popular of the teas. Within only two weeks of drinking a cup of white tea daily, you will notice a drastic change in both beauty and health. Although this is still no replacement for my daily coffee, it is a great and simple way to add an incredible health kick to anyones daily routine.
http://www.teavana.com/the-teas/white-teas/p/silver-needle-white-tea?SC=PPCG&cm_mmc=Google-_-PPC_search-_-Silver_Needle-_-silver%20needle%20white%20tea&mkwid=snyimx6IH&pcrid=20849377475&pkw=silver%20needle%20white%20tea&pmt=e&gclid=CKGjvc_Su7cCFcZaMgodC2wA3w

No comments:

Post a Comment