Monday, May 6, 2013

Weekly Product Review-Lush Ocean Salt Scrub

As the seasons change my beauty and lifestyle routines change with them. The winter is about adding moisture and nourishment through both our products as well as our diet. When the weather starts to get warm it feels as if things need to be released and cleansed. The body wants to be stripped of the buildup that has taken place during that hibernation time. The food we eat becomes lighter, the clothes become smaller and our products should be adjusted as well. I know for me personally my skin gets very dry during the cold months and no matter how much oil or lotion I apply it still feels flaky and sensitive in areas. The start of that beautiful supple, summer skin begins at exfoliating. The dry, rough skin of winter needs to be removed to make way for that new, fresh, healthy glow. I have looked far and wide for a body scrub that is both effective, organic and fun to use. Lush is a company that I have been using for quite a few years now and its one of my favorites. 
All of the products are made from fresh organic fruits and vegetables, the best and highest quality oils, and most importantly none of the ingredients have any dangerous synthetics or preservatives. The products are also never tested on animals and are all handmade! The style of the products look as if they were made at home with immense care and attention to detail. The Ocean Salt is by far my favorite of their products and one of their best sellers as well. This product is based off of the benefits one gets after swimming in the ocean. I know my skin never feels softer or healthier than after I spend a day at the beach. This is mainly due to the effect that the ocean salt has on our skin. Ocean water is filled with essential minerals and amino acids that can draw out impurities.
This can lead to the curing of skin conditions such as, rosacea, psoriasis, eczema, and acne. This product mimics this idea using fresh sea salt both course and fine. This scrub acts as both a cleanser as well as a moisturizer. Many scrubs can dry out the skin and be too abrasive especially on sensitive skin. This one contains fresh organic avocado and coconut to hydrate, while lime and vodka wash away bacteria. The limes are soaked overnight in vodka to extract that citrus and then added to the fresh seasalt. Both the limes and the vodka act as an antibacterial, which is great for getting rid of breakouts or blackheads anywhere on the body. This scrub is ideal for all skin types but especially oily skin. I only use this scrub as a body scrub but it can be used as a facial scrub as well. For me, my complexion is much too sensitive but one of my best friends swears by using this as a daily facial cleanser. A great product to start the summer out right!
http://www.lushusa.com/Ocean-Salt/9999902128,en_US,pd.html?start=4&cgid=shower-scrubs

No comments:

Post a Comment